CBD or cannabidiol is becoming more and more popular for its health benefits. Many people have switched from pharmaceutical medicines to CBD products, as they believe it to be safer than most prescribed medicines. Some even said that CBD products do not have side effects that most medications have.
This is why more and more athletes and fitness enthusiasts trust CBD products like CBD tea. That said, here’s how these products can help you recover from your workouts:
Reduces Muscle Inflammation
After a physical workout, you will generally feel lingering injuries, pain, or soreness all over your body. DOMS or delayed onset muscle soreness brought about by muscle tissue tears occur after an exercise, which is otherwise known as inflammation.
Without sufficient recovery, the pain you feel may turn to chronic issues such as arthritis or chronic tissue pain. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD can solve these issues for most people. If you’re fond of tea, you can enjoy sipping your CBD tea while letting it do its magic. To experience the fastest effects of CBD, you can also opt to use a vape instead.
Here’s how CBD products can help reduce inflammation:
- TRPV1 receptors that mediate inflammation allow CBD to bind with them. As a result, the TRPV1 desensitize faster, allowing your inflammation to heal.
- Because of glycine receptors or protein, the body can feel pain. When CBD blocks them, the glycine receptors cannot transmit pain to the brain so the body can’t feel it.
- Inflammation also occurs when the production of antioxidant defenses and radicals are disturbed, which is otherwise known as oxidative stress. When CBD decreases this stress, inflammation is also reduced.
After your workout, you can still feel pain or soreness for a couple of days. But if you have more things to do or you have a job to finish, you need to make these workout issues go away since these lingering issues can affect your productivity by making you physically weak or restrained. If you don’t like taking medicines, CBD tea can help remedy this situation.
While enjoying its flavorful taste, you can wait for the healing effect of CBD tea to take place. Moreover, when you use other products like CBD oil to apply to the local areas where you feel pain, you won’t have to suffer for days.
Endocannabinoid receptors or ECS help your cells respond to various signals from stimuli. These receptors can relieve pain for people suffering from chronic pain such as fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, and cancer pain. When CBD interacts with these receptors, pain relief becomes faster.
The CBD products are also known to relieve pain from migraine, cancer pains, and arthritis. Thus, it has also become popular with those who work out as they experience pain that is similar to those previously mentioned.
Give a Good Night’s Sleep
It’s tempting to just lay down and sleep after a workout. However, for some people, getting a good night’s sleep can be difficult because the pain is strong enough to keep them from having some shut-eye. So instead of letting your mind and body rest, you end up sleeping late.
Those who desperately need sleep might turn to sleeping pills. While they may get undisturbed sleep, they usually wake up feeling groggy and tired because of the side effects of sleeping pills. When your body becomes immune to the effects of medication, you’ll need to take a higher dosage to feel that it has an impact. As a consequence, however, you might suffer from an overdose.
So if you want to sleep safely, drinking CBD tea and using other CBD products after a workout might help you. One of the effects that you get from muscle relaxation is having a good night’s sleep.
When you can’t sleep because of external factors, a CBD product might be useful. Here’s how CBD can improve your sleep after a workout:
- It helps treat the cause of sleepiness, which can be chronic pains or muscle inflammation from workouts.
- It stabilizes the body’s homeostasis or balances the ECS. Sleep homeostasis is the maintenance of the physiology of an organism’s regulatory system. When CBD interacts with the ECS, sleep patterns are being stabilized as well.
- It treats anxiety. Some people’s anxieties worsen when performing some exercises. Sometimes, the symptoms of panic attacks such as dry mouth, lightheadedness, and shortness of breath are the effects of intense cardiovascular exercises. When a person with anxiety feels such symptoms, they might think they’re experiencing panic attacks. Thus, if you have an anxiety disorder, you can use CBD products to help treat it. This happens by triggering the hippocampal neurogenesis, which is responsible for memory and recognition. When CBD interacts with this part of the brain, it makes this region bigger, which is smaller for people suffering from such conditions.
If you love tea and you’re also fond of physical workouts, CBD may be beneficial. Not only are there studies conducted to test whether CBD products are safe to use, but there are many users of CBD products that support the positive effects of CBD. Moreover, you may want to use it so that your body will heal faster in a safer and more natural way.