Meal #5 – Chicken Curry with Zucchini and Baby Carrots
The next one of my healthy meal prep ideas is chicken curry, sided with toasted zucchini and baby carrots.
This is a fast and easy recipe, yet it tastes like heaven!
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1/2 zucchini
- 2/3 cup baby carrots
Cut the chicken breast in small cubes, add a pinch of salt and mix it with one teaspoon dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon curry.
Fry it on few drops of olive oil, for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the other teaspoon of mustard with one teaspoon of curry, low-fat Greek yogurt, and a pinch of salt.
When the chicken is done, serve it in the meal container and pour the dressing over it.
Meanwhile, cut the zucchini in circles, and bake them on a toaster for 5-10 minutes.
Add a pinch of salt and serve them in the meal container together with the baby carrots.
Meal #6 – Baked Salmon with Pesto, Green Beans, and Cherry Tomatoes
Now we’re talking!
Salmon is one of the best sources of protein and healthy fats.
It’s actually one of my favorites when it comes to fish.
And this salmon recipe is so easy to make.
Sided with green beans and cherry tomatoes, makes the best combo ever.
- 1 slice salmon
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Add the salmon on a baking paper and salt it.
Grease the top with the basil pesto, and add a few lemon circles.
Wrap it with the baking paper and cook it 30 minutes on 180 C.
Meanwhile, boil the green beans in salty water for 10 minutes, and after they’re done serve them in the meal container together with the salmon and the cherry tomatoes.
Meal #7 – Beef Patty with Red Pepper and Cucumber
And last, for all of the patty lovers out there, a protein to go idea with a healthy homemade beef patty.
You’re going to love this healthy patty recipe, with fresh red pepper and cucumber on the side.
- 1 cup clean beef mince
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 garlic clove (or 1 teaspoon garlic salt)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 egg
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
Place the beef, onion, garlic, parsley, and the egg in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Mix with your hands until everything is evenly combined.
Form the patty with your hands, and cook it on few drops of olive oil at a medium temperature for 10 minutes.
Chop the red pepper in thin strips, and serve it together with the cucumber.
Tips When Making Healthy Ready to Eat Meals and Protein on the Go
There are a few things that you have to keep in mind when you prep your healthy meals:
- Make sure to include the 3 most important ingredients in every single one of the healthy meal prep ideas:
Proteins + Fibers (Complex carbs) + Healthy Fats
If you are not sure how to eat healthy, head on to check out my 28-Day Meal Plan.
- Always make it colorful – add veggies and greens in your ready to eat meals;
- Pre plan your meals, and make sure you keep a journal – that’s the best way to actually keep up the healthy meal habit.
Check out my FIT BABE FITNESS PLANER to help you organize your day and plan your meals!
- Use healthier oils – olive oil, coconut oil, grape seed or flax seed oil, instead of sunflower or palm oil;
- Don’t be afraid of the fats – beware of the sugars in your meals;
- Use the right meal containers specialized for traveling – you don’t want to end up with a leaking lunch.
- Don’t forget to season them with Himalayan salt;
- Never eat the same ready to eat meals 2 days in a row.
Remember, diversity is the key.
- Also, change up the protein on the go – use different kind of protein every day (beef, chicken, eggs, mushrooms, fish, seafood, peas…)
You can get the meal containers here:
I hope my healthy meal prep ideas helped you to organize your busy schedule, and easily do some ready to eat meals to have your protein on the go.
Not only that these healthy meal prep ideas will help you make better meal choices, but pre-cooking is a great way to fit in that healthy food into your day too.
Remember, failing to plan is planning to fail, so always find that little time to plan your meals.
So, dear fit girls, it’s your turn now:
Happy planning and happy cooking!
Till next time,