Meal #5 – Chicken Curry with Zucchini and Baby Carrots
The next one of my healthy meal prep ideas is this chicken curry recipe I love, sided with toasted zucchini and baby carrots.
It’s easy and quick to make, and it tastes like heaven!
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 cup baby carrots
Cut the chicken breast in small cubes, salt it and mix it with one tablespoon mustard and 1 teaspoon curry.
Fry it on few drops of olive oil, for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the other tablespoon of mustard with one teaspoon of curry, the Greek yogurt and a pinch of salt.
When the chicken is done, serve it in the meal container and pour it with the mixture.
Cut the zucchini in circles, and bake them on a toaster for 10 minutes.
Salt them and serve them in the meal container together with the baby carrots.
Meal #6 – Baked Salmon with Pesto, Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes
Now we’re talking! Salmon is one of the best sources of protein and healthy fats, packed with an amazing taste.
And this salmon recipe is so easy, you have to try it.
I sided it with green beans and cherry tomatoes, that make the best combo.
- 1 slice salmon
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Add the salmon on a baking paper and salt it.
Grease the top with the basil pesto, and add a few lemon circles.
Wrap it with the baking paper and cook it 30 minutes on 180 C.
Meanwhile, boil the green beans in salty water for 10 minutes, and after they’re done serve them in the meal container together with the salmon and the cherry tomatoes.
Meal #7 – Beef Patty with Red Pepper and Cucumber
And last, for all you patty lovers, a protein to go idea with a clean homemade beef patty.
You’re going to love this healthy patty recipe, with fresh red pepper and cucumber on the side.
- 1 cup clean beef mince
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 garlic glove (or 1 teaspoon garlic salt)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 egg
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
Place the beef mince, onion, garlic, parsley, and the egg in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Mix with your hands until everything is evenly combined.
Form the patty with your hands, and fry it on olive oil and medium temperature for 10 minutes.
Chop the red pepper in thin strips, and serve it together with the cucumber.
Don’t forget to salt them.
Tips When Making Healthy Ready to Eat Meals and Protein on the Go
There are a few things that you have to keep in mind when you prep your healthy meals:
- Make sure to include the 3 most important ingredients in every single one of the healthy meal prep ideas:
Proteins + Fibers (Complex carbs) + Healthy Fats
If you are not sure how to eat healthy, head on to check out my 28-Day Meal Plan.
- Always make it colorful – add veggies and greens in your ready to eat meals;
- Pre plan your meals, and make sure you keep a journal – that’s the best way to actually keep up the healthy meal habit.
Check out my FIT BABE FITNESS PLANER to help you organize your day and plan your meals!
- Use healthier oils – olive oil, coconut oil, grape seed or flax seed oil, instead of sunflower or palm oil;
- Don’t be afraid of the fats – beware of the sugars in your meals;
- Use the right meal containers specialized for traveling – you don’t want to end up with a leaking lunch.
- Don’t forget to season them with Himalayan salt;
- Never eat the same ready to eat meals 2 days in a row.
Remember, diversity is the key.
- Also, change up the protein on the go – use different kind of protein every day (beef, chicken, eggs, mushrooms, fish, seafood, peas…)
You can get the meal containers here:
I hope my healthy meal prep ideas helped you to organize your busy schedule, and easily do some ready to eat meals to have your protein on the go.
Not only that these healthy meal prep ideas will help you make better meal choices, but pre-cooking is a great way to fit in that healthy food into your day too.
Remember, failing to plan is planning to fail, so always find that little time to plan your meals.
So, dear fit girls, it’s your turn now:
Happy planning and happy cooking babes! :)