Hey there! It’s Monica May, your personal dedicated health coach. I know how hard it can be to keep up with a busy lifestyle, work, and still try to eat healthy.
That’s why I want to share with you my ultimate guide on how to meal prep. With a few easy steps, you can plan and prepare meals that will save you time and energy throughout the week.
In this blog post, I will be sharing with you my tips and tricks on how to meal prep for a busy week, and how to make it a sustainable habit.
What is Meal Prepping and How to Get Started
Meal prepping, also known as batch cooking or weekly meal prepping, is the process of preparing and planning your meals ahead of time. It can involve cooking the meals or simply dividing and packing up the ingredients. Meal prepping allows you to save time and hassle by not having to come up with new meals throughout the week. Plus, you can control the ingredients and how much you’re consuming.
If you’re new to meal prepping, the best way to start is by making a meal plan. Decide what meals you want to make and determine how much of each dish you’d like based on your lifestyle, weekly plans, and nutritional needs. Once you’ve made your meal plan, create a grocery list and head to the store. Once you have all of the ingredients, start preparing your meals in batches.
How to Effectively Meal Prep for a Busy Week
The key to successful meal prepping is to plan ahead and identify what needs to be prepared in advance. Here are some tips on how to effectively meal prep for a busy week:
- Prep and cook meals in advance for the week: Start by pre-cooking the main ingredients for each meal such as proteins and grains. This will save you time during the week when you’re in a hurry to put together a meal. You can also prepare sides, sauces, and snacks in advance.
- Utilize leftovers: During your meal preparations, make enough to turn into leftovers throughout the week. This way, you can save time by quickly reheating meals rather than making something from scratch.
- Store your meals properly: When storing your meals, use air-tight containers or stored in the fridge to maintain its freshness until you’re ready to eat.
Tips and Tricks for Successful Meal Prepping
Here are some additional tips and tricks for successful meal prepping:
- Use bulk buys: Take advantage of sales at the supermarket by buying in bulk and prepping larger quantities of ingredients in order to save time.
- Prepare meals that are easy to pack and take with you on-the-go: This will make it easier for you to stick to your meal plan even when you’re out and about.
- Make meal prepping a fun and social activity: Invite friends or family members to join you in meal prepping, this will make it more enjoyable and you can learn new tips and tricks from them.
- Start small: If you’re new to meal prepping, start by prepping only a few meals for the week. As you get more comfortable with the process, you can increase the number of meals you prep.
- Use a meal prep planner: A meal prep planner can help you stay organized and on track with your meal prepping.
- Prepare a variety of meals: Don’t just stick to the same meals every week, try new recipes and ingredients to keep things interesting.
Meal prepping is a great way to stay organized and healthy in your busy lifestyle. By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make meal prepping a sustainable habit that will help you achieve your health and fitness goals. Remember to be patient with yourself and to start small. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me, I’m always happy to help.