‘The Best Workouts To Get Rid Of Love Handles – My Love Handles Workouts’ – Monica May
Oh, so we’re here.
Love handles. The reason why most women start going to the gym and start dieting in the first place.
Getting rid of lower belly fat can be really tough.
Especially if you’re wasting your time on the wrong approaches.
That’s why today we’re going through every single detail alongside some of the best workouts to get rid of love handles.
Step by step I’ll guide you through the basics of understanding why we have love handles in the first place, to finally figure out the ‘how can we get rid of them’ dilemma.
This is a problem I’ve personally struggled with for years.
Now when I finally managed to get rid of them, I can’t wait to share my best love handles workouts with all of you on the struggle bus.
I’ll walk you through some easy-to-follow nutrition tips plus some high-intensity love handles workouts to get you closer to the body you desire.
If you follow these tips, focus and stay committed, you’ll not only get rid of those love handles, you’ll achieve an amazing body overall.
The Best Workouts To Get Rid Of Love Handles
What Are Love Handles?
Now, when it comes to love handles, the question that pops out is:
Are belly exercises really the best way to get rid of love handles?
And the answers is NO!
Most people think that doing crunches or other abs exercises help the get rid of love handles.
Now, crunches and abs exercises overall are an amazing way to tone muscles in the core section, because that’s their primary function.
However, when it comes to love handles, they don’t contain an ounce of muscle. They’re all fat.
This means that simply doing abs exercises, won’t help you get rid of them – you’ll have to burn fat.
So, the initial goal when it comes to love handles is weight loss and trimming down the fat.
Once you’ve done that you can start working on toning those muscles underneath your love handles.
We have a long way of incorporating a healthy diet and a quality full body high-intensity workout program first, so let’s get started right now.
Step #1: Clean Your Diet
The one thing that will help you achieve any fitness goal is nutrition.
Propper nutrition can get you anywhere you want.
From simply throwing off some serious pounds, to getting the body of a fitness model, whatever the question is – nutrition is the answer.
And the truth is, you don’t even have to go on a restricted diet – Just start eating healthy.
A balanced diet, containing lean proteins, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats, will help you reduce fat and lose those love handles once and for all.
Now, if you’re not sure on how to eat for weight loss, you can head on to my meal plan.
You can also check out my ‘What I Eat In A Day’ article to get the idea of what I eat to get rid of my love handles.
Step #2: High-Intensity Interval Training
For starters, let’s get one thing straight – spot reducing isn’t possible.
Burning fat just from one specific part of the body is impossible.
This means that you can’t just focus on targeting only your love handles or core area while you are exercising.
Unfortunately, the human body doesn’t work that way, and it can’t be worked on in parts.
We have to work on it as a whole piece.
If you want to lose the fat covering your abs and tone the ab muscles, you’ll have to work on your whole body and follow a full-body training.
What you can do is start a full-body workout routine, that targets all of the muscles in your body and burns fat.
And the best way to do that is through high-intensity interval training.
HIIT is one of the highest fat burning workouts.
It involves all of your body, it keeps your body excited and challenged, and because of the different kinds of intervals, your body will never get bored.
So, focus on combining your high-intensity interval training with muscle mass building exercises to get maximum results.
Many women are led to believing that they should spend hours on the treadmill in order to lose fat.
However, nowadays we know for a fact that burning fat is a process that has to involve the muscles, in order to get faster results.
So, a high-intensity plan, taking just around 30 minutes of your day can be the best workouts to get rid of love handles.
You don’t have to spend hours on a cardio machine to tap into your body fat.
You can do it a lot faster.
You can learn more about HIIT and take a peek in my workout program here.
Sign up now to get a 3 day FREE TRIAL.
There are plenty of videos you can try to see how it works. Here’s my favorite one:
The Best Love Handles Workouts
Workouts To Get Rid Of Love Handles
After clearing out the initial goal, which is trimming down the fat, let’s head on to some of the exercises that will help you along the way.
So, once you’ve come significant headway with losing the fat covering your belly, you can start to tone the muscles underneath your love handles.
As you burn fat and increase your metabolism through building muscle, that extra padding will eventually go away.
So, here are some of the best exercises you can do to tone the muscles underneath those love handles and speed up the whole process.
- Sit on your butt and lean back at a 45 degree angle.
- Hold a weight with both of your hands (kettlebell, dumbell or medicine ball)
- Lift your feet off the ground and cross at the ankles.
- Start twisting your torso to the left, while holding your lower body still and in position.
- Repeat on the other side, while staying balanced.
- Beginners – start with no weight at all, and once you get into the movement pick up some weight.
Side Plank Dips
- Get into a side plank position, by placing your elbow on the ground with your feet and hips stacked.
- Using your abs, lift your body up into a straight line, holding a side plank.
- Dip once, tapping your hip on the floor and go up into the side plank again. That’s one rep.
- If this is too easy for you, try out the advanced version with your hand on the floor, instead of the elbow.
Single-Leg Knees To Chest
- Start in a seated position with your legs just a few inches above the floor.
- Your hands in front of you touching the floor.
- Start puling your knee towards you, while your torso is getting a bit forward to meet in the middle.
- Once you crunch, go back to the start position and do it with the other leg too.
- If this feels too hard for you, move your hands in the back – this will release the tension a bit.
- Start in a low plank position, with your body in a straight line.
Your elbows bend under your sholders.
- Satart rotating your hips to the right, and dip your body almost tapping your right hip to the floor.
- Return to the start position, and repeat to the left. Keep alternating for as many rounds as possible in the range of 30-40 seconds.
Ab Twists Over Bell
- Start in a seated position with your hands suporting you just behind you.
- Add a kettlebell (or any other object) in front of you, just underneath your feet.
- Start moving both of your legs simultaniasly, going over the bell.
- Once you tap your heels on the floor, go back again over your bell onto the other side.
Exterior Mountain Climbers
- Start in a high plank position.
- Start by bringing your left knee outside to the left elbow.
- Extend it back out and do the same thing with your right leg.
- The quicker you move, the better the cardio workout – just make sure to keep your plank form on point throughout the whole movement.
- Keep your butt as stable as possible and avoid sagging into your shoulders or hips.
Now Get To Work!
Girl, I hope you like my love handles workouts and find my article inspiring and helpful.
Now, it’s your turn!
Start eating healthy, start exercising daily and you’ll get rid of those stubborn love handles once and for all.
Till next time, babes!